Classical Piano Lessons in London
The fact is that classical piano training is the essence behind the piano technique.
The Piano is a classical instrument, with an incredible ability to play all styles of music. Classical Piano Training must reflect this.
Students must be taught to engage with the piano and learn to control their fingers, hands, wrist, arms, shoulders accordingly. This can only be done with the best technical training and music selection.
Click here for all enquiries: All levels are welcome, all ages are welcome
- You don't need to practice many hours a day, instead you need to learn how to practice to become a fine pianist
- Taking piano exams for its own sake, teaches a piano student very little about playing the piano. Exams should be used as a measure of progress
Piano Technique first
- Piano technique should come first even before reading music
- Developing piano technique can actually be very enjoyable and relaxing, practising the right exercises and music that will make your hands more relaxed yet stronger
- Reading music should be taught as a natural pattern, like written language - not a confusing intellectual exercise
- If listening and the ear, is not part of the learning process, than there is very little result
- Great composers often wrote music for educational purpose. Let's use this wonderful music to learn and stop reserving it only for advanced pianists
- Scales are only a small part of learning piano technique, there is so much more yet most teaching studios fail to recognize this
- Theory mostly involves training the ear to listen. This can be taught to a young child just like language
Classical Piano Training - The Great Composers
- Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Ravel just to name a few are the great piano teachers. This is reflected in their piano compositions
- Classical Piano repertoire is the most important choice a piano educator and teacher has to make for their student
- In many cases, lack of practice by a piano student is a result of the wrong repertoire being chosen for the student
Option for Classical Piano Exams
- Whilst exams are an important goal to aim for: Classical Piano Exams cover a small fraction of piano repertoire, complete music training involves far more repertoire and technique
- Classical Piano Music is expressive, mind enhancing and rich in culture, history and philosophy
Places are available for all levels and ages. Click here to book your introduction.